Hey guys, hope you all doing well. If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen me raving about a particular Kiehl’s mask in my stories.
I started using Kiehl’s products last year (I won’t lie, it’s a bit heavy on the pocket). Well I am going to review two products in this post which I purchased last month and have been absolutely loving them!
About the brand:
Kiehl’s is an American brand that specializes in premium hair, skin and body care products. It was founded in 1951 by John Kiehl and originally began as a homeopathic pharmacy. So they have been in this business for 160 years! It was acquired by L’Oréal in 2000.
A few things before I write my review;
My skin type: I have dry skin with occasional hormonal break outs. I have uneven skin tone and suffer from hyper pigmentation.
P.s. I am not being paid for what I say about the products here. It’s my experience on using these products for almost a months now.
(I am not a dermatology expert)
- Cilantro & Orange extract pollutant defending masque
Defends against impurities and replenishes skin
What the product claims: Clinically demonstrated to minimize the damaging effects of pollution on skin. Nourishing formula replenishes vital nutrients. Defends and replenishes skin leaving it renewed, radiant and more prepared to protect itself from daily environmental aggressors.
How to use:
Recommended use up to 3 times a week at night. Apply a visible layer on face after cleansing. Leave it for 5 minutes and then pat it with tissue to remove excess leaving a thin layer overnight. Follow your normal moisturizer over the thin mask layer.
Love love love it! I have used it almost 4 times now and it hasn’t failed to delight me.
- First use: I had a few hormonal breakouts and hence used this mask in the morning . Initially I applied a thin layer all over my face and after 5 minutes the product had absorbed into my skin leaving a translucent coat. It gives a bit of tingling sensation initially. I washed off the mask after 4 hours.
- Effect: My skin felt squeaky clean! It did not dry out my skin nor cause any breakouts. That evening I went for my night shift absolutely make up free. But I noticed the real difference the next morning. My skin was absolutely glowing. I went makeup free for the next 3 days. Check my pictures below.
- Second use: This time I used the mask overnight. I did not use my regular moisturizer. My skin is quite dry and it absorbed the product. I did not have to pat off any excess.
- So I have used this mask 4 times in total. And it has not failed to impress me! It gives you a healthy glow which lasts for at least 2 days. Regular use will even out the skin tone. I tried a sample initially and later bought the smaller size. I am completely and irrevocably in love with this mask…. (I truly am)
CAUTION: This mask contains AHA’s and hence it is advised to use sunscreen after its use before stepping out in the morning. Avoid using strong serums immediately after its use.
Would I repurchase it?
2. Magic Elixir Hair Restructuring Concentrate with Rosemary Leaf and Avocado
A potent concentrate of natural oils for healthier and shiny hair
What the product claims: Immediately restores moisture balance to scalp and hair. Improves manageability of hair. Softens hair and boosts hair’s natural shine. For all hair & scalp types.
- I bought this on a whim as I was struggling with greasy scalp, fine hair and dry ends. Also my hair my colour treated.
- It is a very light formula. It is advised to use if before shampoo, for maximum effects to left on for 10 minutes and then follow-up with shampoo and conditioner.
- I used it overnight for the first time. It is light, gets absorbed easily and has a nice natural fragrance. I massaged the oil in circular motions. Washed my hair the next morning. It washes off easily in one round of shampoo.
- My hair felt soft. It did not weigh them down. The ends were softer. My scalp was less greasy the next day. It is too early to comment on hair fall, however I do shed less in the shower.
- I have incorporated this in my routine twice a week.
- Overall, I love this product. It feels like the right light weight formula and suits me quite well. It has definitely given a shine to my dry hair ends and made them softer.
Would I repurchase it?
Yes, I definitely would.
My other two favourites from Kiehl’s are;
clearly corrective brightening and smoothing moisture treatment.
Midnight recovery eye cream.
Do try the samples first, you can get in at any Kiehl’s stores or outlets. I am a shameless sampler! (Lol)
The next on my wish list is the Kiehl’s Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque . Do let me know if you have tried this and your experiences.
Copyright 2018 Chris Lemos All rights reserved