Hey guys, I just completed a month of blogging and here is my award nomination already! I am so happy and humbled. This is an award nomination given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading “sunshine” to the blogging community at the same time.
I was nominated by the talented, creative and amazing – Mish Mash (Agieszka). She writes about beauty, style, food and family. Her journey is inspiring and what I love most about it is how well-connected she is with her roots. Do check out her wonderful blog.
A few rules about the award:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and make a link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award, and then write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are my answers to Aga’s questions:
- Your favourite breakfast?
I am a big foodie. I especially eat a lot when I get back from night shifts. I love a big cup of Indian masala chai (tea with Indian spice mixture) followed by lightly buttered toast with an omelette (with tomatoes, chives, basil and hint of parmesan). A glass of orange juice to finish with. On days when hunger hits me hard, chocochip pancakes as well! (I skip lunch later.)
2. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I used to compose poems when I was in school. I used the word ‘was’ because I do not do it anymore. I lost touch with writing all throughout medical school and residency. I wasn’t inspired anymore, until this year. I had a lot of ideas and stories to share. Hence I decided to start blogging. Finally found the courage to start posting last month. As I say, looking to inspire and get inspired.
- What do you tell your inner self when you feel as if you are failing at something?
The good old quote. “Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things.”
- Do you believe in ‘what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger?’
Absolutely! ” A diamond is merely a chunk of coal that did well under pressure” – Henry Kissinger
- It’s the little things in life that matter the most…..what is that one little thing that just makes your life?
Waking up to messages on my phone sent by my partner who lives in a different country and time zone. It gives me a positive start.
- Your favourite quote?
It’s by Paulo Coelho in his book The Alchemist. And I truly believe in it.
“When you want something, the entire universe conspires in helping you achieve it”.
- Your best accessory?
My smile. Not being narcissistic, but a smile goes a long way! You can spread happiness and positive vibes around.
- Best book you have read? Can be last book you have read, if you read a lot;)
11 minutes by Paulo Coelho. I read it 10 years back. It changed my definition of love.
9. Name one person who made a long lasting impression on you
My consultant with whom I worked back in India. He is an excellent teacher, humble, extremely talented, inspiring as well as a style icon! Beauty with brains and wrapped in talent.
10. Do you think you have discovered your life’s purpose?
I haven’t yet. But I am somehow positive that I am on the right path.
11. What is your favourite part or moment of a day?
When I am tired after work, and its finally time for bed. As I get into my comfy bed and close my eyes, its like I can forget all the deadlines, exams and problems.
I just have 6 nominations for now. I may have renominated you, but your blogs are amazing! Thank you for inspiring me.
My questions for you:
- If you were to be God for a day, what are the three things you would like to do?
- Do you believe in soul mates? if yes, have you found yours?
- What is your idea of a perfect date?
- Name the person you have had an immense crush on.
- What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
- Who is your real life inspiration?
- What things are you most grateful for in your life?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Name one guilty pleasure.
- If you could go back in the past, what would you change?
- Weirdest food you have eaten?
Have fun and keep spreading sunshine!