Body Shop store has been my favourite destination on payday. It smells like fresh flowers whenever you walk into any store. And one of the best parts is, it isn’t very heavy on the pockets.
Before I give my honest opinion, I want to point out a few things.
My skin type: I have dry skin with occasional hormonal break outs. I have uneven skin tone and suffer from hyper pigmentation.
P.s. I am not being paid for what I say about the products here. It’s my experience on using these products for almost 3 months now.
(I am not a dermatology expert.
1.Vitamin C glow revealing liquid peel:
For dull, tired and grumpy skin.
What the product claims:
This transforming gel-to-peel texture peels away dull, tired skin for a happy healthy glow. The PH of the gel helps to release surface cells
How to use:
It is a gel based product. Use two pumps on clean skin, avoiding eye area, apply all over and massage in circular motions until clumps appear. Brush the peeling texture off the skin and rinse with water
- I have been using this product for 2 months now. Its works like a gentle chemical exfoliator. I love all products infused with Vitamin C and hence decided to try it out.
- It does give you a very clean skin after use and a glow. Your moisturiser and makeup will slide smoothly on the skin.Brightens up dull, tired skin.
- However, the effect is short lived. The glow lasts for a day or two.
But it’s great in case you need a quick exfoliation before an event.
- Caution: Do use a good sunscreen after its use. Avoid using the peel more than 3 times a week.
Alternate use: My hands tend to get dry due to constant need to wash them before any procedures at work, the skin had become scaly and very dry and no matter what moisturiser I used, it did not soften them. I just used this peel on my hands and it worked wonders! It peeled the dry skin layer right off it.
Would I purchase it again?
I wouldn’t. Though it gives a good short lasting glow, it has not really made much of a difference to the problem areas on my skin. It works great on dry hands though!
- Banana shampoo and conditioner:
What the product claims: For normal to dry hair. Leaves hair nourished, fragrant and feeling softer. Enriched with Community Trade organic banana puree from Ecuador. 100% vegetarian. Formulated without silicones
- I loved this product! Absolutely worked for me. I have fine hair and greasy scalp. So my hair weighs down quick and due to the build up I wash it on alternate days. I was struggling to find a shampoo that would suit my needs.
- I bought this shampoo on a whim as could not resist the fragrance.
- It cleansed my scalp right away. After the first wash I noticed my hair had more volume, scalp felt squeaky clean and of course it had a gorgeous aroma.
- But the best part was, I did not need to wash my hair up to 3 days.
Would I repurchase this product?
Absolutely! They do sell it in smaller bottles, so before spending big bucks try out the smaller size.
- Wild Argan oil exfoliating gel body scrub:
What the product claims: Body exfoliator. Smoothes and refines. Light, particle, gel texture. Subtle, sophisticated, warming scent. Leaves skin feeling soft. Community Trade argan oil from Morocco.
- Sugar vs. particulate scrubs: I have used Moringa exfoliating cream body scrub which is sugar based. However the granules melt on wet skin and I did not get the exfoliation result I was looking for.
- Argan oil gel based scrub certainly proved to be a good bargain. It is gentle, gel based and with argan shell particles. So it gives good exfoliation but does not dry out the skin.
- It has a bit strong fragrance, however I use the scrub before shower gel so it works for me.
- It has definitely helped getting rid of dry elbow and knee patches.
- Has worked wonders on armpit areas.
- My tip: Use the scrub before going in for waxing, it helps prevent hair in growths as well as gives a smoother feel. Or you can use it a day after.
Would I repurchase this product?
Yes I would. But I want to try out the Spa of the world range next after I finish my current tub.
- Essential oils:
French lavender massage oil: Spa of the world range
Advantages of Lavender oil:
Has a relaxing effect
Soothes itchy, dry scalp.
Helps induce sleep.
Prevents hair loss.
Has antibacterial properties.
(Check out this article: 13 Surprising Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil)
Having read a number of advantages of incorporating lavender oil in hair and skin routine I decided to try this out.
- I incorporate it in many ways.
- I mix 7-8 drops in coconut oil along with tea tree oil for hair massage.
- I use a few drops in my bath water after a long hard day. Helps me relax.
- I also put a few drops on the pillow before sleeping.
Tea tree oil
Advantages of using tea tree oil:
Soothes skin inflammation
Anti septic properties
(Check out this article: 25 Uses for Tea Tree Oil)
- I mix it in my hair oil.
- I dilute it with a few drops of water and apply it directly on my skin breakouts. It helps settle skin inflammation.
- I use it as an alternative to eucalyptus oil when suffering from common cold.
Will I repurchase these products?
Absolutely! Have been using it for two years and will continue doing so.
- Drops of youth concentrate:
What the product claims? Helps enhance surface skin condition. Smoothes and instantly moisturising. 99% of ingredients are of natural origin.
This line was created to combat first signs of aging.
- This small bottle comes packed with surprises.
- This is a gel based formulation. Has a fresh aroma. 2-3 drops are usually enough to cover the whole face. It slides on smoothly. I use it after thorough cleansing.
- Though my skin is dry, this concentrate moisturises well.
- I never experienced any breakouts with this serum. I specially use it instead of heavy moisturises during skin breakouts.
- I use it 2-3 times a week as a part of night skin routine.
- It is a gentle moisturiser, has not caused any breakouts and not very expensive compared to other good quality serums.
- You can certainly incorporate as a first step towards serums if you haven’t used any before.
Will I repurchase this product?
Which products have you found useful?
Let me know what you think!
Copyright 2018 Chris Lemos All rights reserved